1. Caitlin portrait: I am still having challenges with removing the film the teacher gave us. Supposed to be able to “iron” off. I have done alot of research on the internet. Since I don’t know the exact branch the teacher gave us, I have had zero luck with that. So I started tearing it out. It really sucks and is going to take awhile. I almost want to just … quit. But I reminded myself, it is one time and one time only. I will never use heat film again.
2. Abstract City Scape: I haven’t done anything with this project.
3. Candy Rail: Does admiring the top count?
4. Charity Quilt: I have worked on this some but am having issues with my frame and the machine running smoothly. I have not tackled the problem. I still feel this can get done. I just need to focus. No progress to speak of though. (Unless you count the cat laying on it while on the frame. )
5. NYE 2010: Zero progress. I located it, but haven’t even determined what I have and don’t have.
6. Rainbow Log Cabin: Zilch 🙁
7. Rainbow Over and Under (knot quilt): I haven’t worked on it but I think I will pull that out this week.
8. Sweet Baby Rag Quilt: DONE! DONE!
9. #365 block challenge: Now this is where I have spent most of my time this quarter. I was zooming along until I got to mitered blocks. Everything came to a screeching halt. I have set it aside about 2 weeks ago when I got to a technique that really challenges me. After several tries, I decided I just needed to set it aside.
So what have I been working on because I am still sewing almost every day – just not on my quarter goals.
1. Quilter’s Planner Sew Along: I am extremely happy to report that I am current on this sew along. It is the first one where I have stayed on top of it. I have finished April & May in both colorways. June Sunflower block is done for the Classic layout. I have all the months cut out and just waiting to be sewen together for this one. The jewel colorway is cut for June – October. I am on target baby!
2. Rosie’s Peacock Quilt: I pulled together the fabrics earlier this year and planned the basics. I am using Moda’s Rosie Receipe cards with Peacock Colorstory layer cake and a nice gold tan background. I am very pleased how this is looking. I have been making notes on different ideas on how to lay this out. Current thought is to lay it out from lightest block to darkest diagonally across the quilt.
3. Sunflower Charm Squared Quilt: I pulled this one out today and squared up the blocks and divided into light & dark. I have decided to alternate based on sashing light/dark/light/dark with a 6 x 7 layout. I have saved all the leftovers from the jelly roll to make a piano border. I added it to my quilt notebook today with ideas for layouts and quilting as well. I forgot that I had bought several yards of different fabrics from this line because I fell in love with this line. This is the same fabric I used for one of the colorways in the Quilters Planner Sew Along.
4. Andrew’s 3 color quilt: My daughter asked me to make her boyfriend a quilt with his three favorite colors – red, green, yellow. I bought fabric. Have brain stormed ideas of a block to make. Have I written those down – nope. So I have already forgotten all my great ideas. LOL!
I am happy to report that the house is progressing nicely. Before July, I hope to have my sewing room restored. The floors are in. The walls are patched. Just need the walls painted then I can get my stuff out of storage.
I want to get this posted before heading off to bed.