How quickly the quarter has flown. So I thought I would give everyone an update as to how Quarter 2 finished out. Progress was made and 3 goals were met. Original goals were posted at Quilt Diary: #2018FAL Quarter 2 Goals
- Caitlin abstract portrait: Bind *no progress* I am still struggling with removing the “heat” film from this project. I am going to take this one off my list as it seems like it will be a long process.
- Abstract City Scape: Quilted *no progress* I pulled it out but didn’t do any quilting this quarter at all. 🙁
- Candy Rail: Basted & Quilted *no progress* Still upstairs awaiting my attention. I do love this quilt. It is one of my all time favorites.
- Charity Quilt: Quilted *not done*. Happy to report that I have made some progress. Just got discouraged working on it on a long arm frame. This particular layout is not conducive to that type of quilting. A week ago I pulled it off the frame because this one really needs to be done on a sitdown machine. Once I get my sitdown setup, I don’t anticipate finishing this quilt as challenging.
- NYE 2010 Quilt: Borders & Basted *not done*. Half done. I spent a weekend figuring out and adding the borders. Pleased with how it has turned out. Just didn’t finish the basting process for the quarter.
- Rainbow Log Cabin: Assembled & Backing *DONE*. WooHoo. Goal meet! This quilt has a 16-patch as the center square. See original goals for an overview of the blocks. I was very pleased with finding this beautiful 108 batik backing. I think it will complement the whole quilt very nicely.
- Over and Under Rainbow (or Knot Quilt): Blocks Assembled and Borders added *DONE*. I love how this quilt finished up. It was a pieced border to continue the knot theme. I can’t wait to get a backing, baste, and quilt this gorgeous quilt!
- Sweet Baby Flannel Rag Quilt: Cut/Assemble/Quilt *DONE*. To learn more about this quilt go to Quilt Diary: April One Monthly Goal Finish The expectant mom was thrilled with this beautiful baby quilt. The fabric and the pattern were a lot of fun! Here it is in use. What every quilter loves to see!
- 365 Block Challenge: Finished thru June 30th *not done*. This is one of my personal disappointments. I am loving the challenge but have run into my own personal mental block – mitered corners. I put this aside after several attempts and no luck with this technique. It’s been a few weeks, so I am over my frustration and ready to tackle this again. You can read my prior posts on this challenge at Quilt Diary: May Progress
I will be linking up with #2018finishalong with Karen – Capitola Quilter FAL Q2 Finish
I am off to Hollywood for the weekend. Enjoy!