Hard to believe that we are halfway through the year and it is time to set the next quarter goals. Made a list and checking it twice:
1. #100days100blocks2018 challenge: My goal this quarter is to stay current. It started July 7th and we are using the 100 Modern Quilt Blocks book by Tula Pink. Must post each day’s block on Instagram. This challenge finishes in October.
2. Peacock Colorstory Quilt: My goal this quarter is to finish the 80 blocks. I have 18 blocks completed so far.
3. NYE 2010 Quilt: Borders are finally on so my goal this quarter is to baste and quilt it.
4. Abstract City Scape wall hanging: Finish quilting and binding.
5. #qpsewsalong2018 Classic Beauty Layout: My goal is to stay current with this block of the month sewalong. Must post the block on either Facebook or Instagram each month. This is the sunflower blocks. Challenge finishes in December.
6. #qpsewalong2018 Modern Bliss Layout: My goal is to stay current with this block of the month sewalong as well as finish cutting the remaining blocks. This is the black and jewel colored blocks. Must post the block on either Facebook or Instagram each month. Challenge finishes in December.
7. Charity Hexagon lap quilt: Finish quilting and binding this quarter. Made progress but not complete yet. Just need to move this one to the sitdown quilting machine.
8. Charmed Squared Sunflower Quilt: I wasn’t supposed to work on this quilt last quarter but I seemed to be drawn to work on anything that isn’t on this list. LOL! The blocks are assembled and top is together. It needs borders to be complete. My goal this quarter is to add borders to complete the quilt top.
9. Dorothy’s Double Slice Quilt: I started a quilt with my sister Dorothy as a sister-time project about 3 years ago. She took the blocks home to determine the layout. Finally this week I told her to give them back so we could finish this up. I now have them so the plan is to assemble the quilt top including borders. This is a king size quilt. My stuff is coming out of storage tomorrow so I will have access to the fabric purchased for the borders (if I can find it).
I am limiting my choices to these 9 projects for the #2018finishalong linkup. I am excluding the following projects that are in process:
A. #365blockchallenge2018: I am totally derailed with mitred corners.
B. Caitlin portrait wall hanging: Stuck on getting the film off the quilt.
C. Candy Rail quilt has been on the list for 6 months with no movement.
D. Over and Under the Rainbow Quilt top is finished but I need a break from this one for a few months.
E. Rainbow 16patch log cabin quilt top is finished and I have my backing but I have too many quilts to quilt this quarter. So I will pass on this one this quarter.
I just realized I have about 8 tops to quilt already. GeeWhiz. Guess I need to start focusing on quilting for the last quarter of the year.
I am linking up with Capitola Quilter for this Finishalong Challenge.